Free Web Counters
Internet Florist

Logan James Wilkieson

Today Mummy told me I have a Blog. Good! More toys to be washed! All my clothes and toys have to be washed before I can play with them. I push things out of my cot and then they come back clean.
Mummy said Uncle Phil had put my blog on a machine which people can read. Will it come back clean? Mummy told me Auntie Katie will put my words in to this machine, I hope they don't shrink!
Today I am in a big building with lots of nice people who keep talking and touching me. Mummy says these are nurses, I think I love my nurses. If I smile they come and talk to me, wait until mummy has shown me to blow kisses.
When I was born Mummy and Daddy forgot to give me a gene? This would have stopped me from getting a sore bum, mouth and eyes (Auntie Katie will tell you about this ( Auntie Katie - Logan has inherited a faulty gene, which prevents his own immmune system developing. Until now his body has been able to fight off diseases and germs as it had some of his mum's immune system in him from when he was born. Now this has gone and anything he get such as nappy rash, thrush in his mouth and conjunctivitus, which are all common in babies he cannot fight off) I don't want Gene in this cot with me, Mummy and Daddy look after me good. My Mouth and bum was sore, glad mummy remembered the right cream to put on
I did not like my milk and started to get hungry, Mummy and Daddy and me had to go and see a man who pushed a sharp bit in me and got some red stuff out. Mummy was told we had to go in a van with two men on a drive through the green fields to this building we are in with my lovely nurses.
Mummy and Daddy have told me I have to stay under my machine all the time (Auntie Katie will explain ( Auntie Katie - As Logan has no immune system, therefore no way of fighting off germs he is being kept in a sterile room. He has what looks like a big extractor fan over his area, this ensures the air he is in is sterile.))Mummy has said lots of people will visit me but they will have to stay behind the gate, its like being in a zoo (I don't know what a zoo is, but I have animals in my cot) Mummy said these people might have germs on them I hope these are toys.
Mummy, Daddy and Grandad are the only ones to come into my space, they MUST have clean clothes on and wash before touching me. They wear silly hats and aprons on which I try to get off.
I had to go in a van and go to sleep, when I woke up they had put some toys on my chest. These toys are for putting medicine in me and for taking red stuff out. My lovely nurses come and play with these, mummy and me counted three tubes.
Mummy and Daddy have told me I will lose my hair. This will stop Mummy using the machine that eats Daddys hair on me. Chemo will make me grumpy and poorly but mummy and daddy will be there, and my lovely nurses, after this I will get some more bone marrow (Auntie Katie will tell you, she is getting good at this( Auntie Katie - Logan is currently recieving steroids and antibiotics to get rid of any outstanding infections he has in his body. Once he is clear of infections he will begin a eight day course of Chemotheraphy this will destroy any existing bone marrow he has. He will then recieve a Bone Marrow transplant.))
I will be here for 4 to 5 months and miss my christmas but Mummy and Daddy have said that my birthday will be twice as good with two lots of toys and a party to see all my friends again. I will tell Auntie Katie what is happening to me so she can update my blog?
I hope you will all leave messages for my Mummy and Daddy to read to me.
Hugs and Kisses
Logan

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thurday 15th November
Granny came today and brought Great Grandad. His firstst 2 boys died with what I have (SCIDS). No one knew about it then. It was a very long time ago, even Granny wasn't here then.
It was only found (SCIDS) 20 years ago, good job Auntie Katie wasn't a boy.
Mummy says I can watch my box tomorrow as it about Children In Need. Daddy said it is about children who arn't as lucky as me. I got lots of friends, lovely nurses and clever Doctors and I am getting the best treatment. Logan No2 might be going home next week! I wonder if I'll get a new friend! I'll miss my talks with Logan No2!
Good night lots of kisses
Nearly forgot I am still trying to do blow kisses

Wednesday 14th November
Grandad back today. He could not give me my tea as I am not eating food, Mummy said it is because I am getting my front tooth I can bite then. I didn't enjoy bathing. Getting tired easily.

Tuesday 13th November
I learnt to clap my hands today and pull myself up on the bar in my cot. I keep falling when I clap and stand. Mummy sayd I am learning so I can escape.
Feeling tired.
Night night

Monday 12th November
Daddy is here this week. Tummy toys fixed today, Daddy came with me in the white van, he sat in the front, like a big kid Mummy said. He wasn't allowed to do the dur dur & lights.
Started my make better medicine today (chemo)

Sunday 11th November
Grandma came today. Showed her my new trick, dancing! Daddy bathed me, but Grandma couldn't see my tummy toy so I took the glove of it - Twice !!
You can see it on the photo grandma took

3 comments:

naomi hunt said...

well well well little man im very please to see that being stuck inside isnt making you any less cheeky (maybe auntie katie just reports the cheeky bits) I also love all your photos of you getting so big and looking more like your daddy every day. so i need you to keep posing lots.
Keep it up i love readng your blog.
I am looking forward to my full logan update when i get north of the border next week
lots of love Auntie Nam XXXXXX

Anonymous said...

Hey little guy,

Glad to hear your doing okay! Make sure you keep on smiling through the chemo.

You are such a brave little boy...and mummy and daddy are too.

Love the new photograph...you are such a cutie pie!

Hope you are well,

Jessica Cooper, Bolton

Grandma Carol said...

Hello Little Man, spoke to daddy today and he said you were being a bit sick, lets hope it doesn't last too long and you are soon feeling better. Will make arrangements to come up and see you again very soon so that I can take some more photos and then you can show me if your dancing has improved. Everyone sends their Love with plenty of Hugs and Kisses. We can't wait for you to come home so that you can have plenty cuddles. Love You Loads xxx